Since 2017, the CYPHP Health team has been working in the community alongside other child healthcare professionals in Lambeth and Southwark. Our team included specialist children's epilepsy nurses, who supported children diagnosed with epilepsy, and their families. Support for families range from:
- Home visits and clinic appointments
- Telephone, emails, and text contact
- School training for individual students
- Parent/carer and patient education and training around epilepsy and seizures
- Emotional and behavioural support
- Transition planning and management
From December 2019, the service will once again be provided by Evelina London Children’s Hospital and King’s College Hospital. To celebrate the work and achievements of the team, we have created a useful summary, which can be viewed below.
To read more of the latest news from CYPHP, please click here.